Supporting a small business is a 24/7/365 endeavor. It seems we are always thinking about looking for marketing tips that we are use to better market our business no matter the time of day or the day of the week. If you are a business owner like us, you probably find yourself in a similar situation.
Marketing tips for real estate agents, and the rest of us!
We came across a list of 30 marketing tips for real estate agents from Small Business Trends and found so many of them useful. They may have been written for real estate agents, but don’t let the title fool you, these marketing tips are relevant for all small business owners. We often put many of them to practice in our own small business. Here is a recap of the top 10 that you can use today:
- Hire a Professional Photographer. Photos taken with your cell phone just do not cut it. If you are trying to get top dollar for your products, services or your client’s listing, professional photos are a must.
- A big shout-out to their second most important tip – a website! We will address this is more detail below.
- Make It Easy to Share. Include social sharing buttons on your listings, your site and blog posts.
- Business Cards. These may seem old-school, but they are not. And the branding should match the look and feel of your website and marketing materials.
- Create Content. That is what we are doing here. A blog is a resource for people to get information and inspiration. If you are an expert, share it and it will help drive traffic to your site.
- Create Lead Generation. Give something for free in exchange for people giving you their contact information. It should be something of value that can be downloaded or emailed to the recipient.
- Produce Video Content. Video is king right now. Search engines and social media platforms are prioritizing video content.
- Use Local Search Advertising. If your customers are actively searching, do they find you in search results? If not, one way to get seen is with search ads.
- Use Social Media. Pick the one or two platforms that your target audience is using the most and set up a business page. Because of their algorithms, to be effective, you need to be consistent.
- Leverage Your Email List. If you have an email list, use it. Segment your list based on where your customers are in the purchase process.
Why is a website so important?
Of the top 10 marketing tips, we want to call out tip number two which is to have a website. A website is the first impression that a small business owner gives to a potential customer. With more and more of your customers looking for your products or services online before they call, shop or visit your business, having a professional looking, mobile responsive website is no longer important, it is critical.
Did you know that 75% of consumers admit to making judgements on the credibility of a company’s based on the website design? And that 88% of consumers who search for a type of business on a mobile device, call or go to that business within 24 hours?
These stats mean that you may be turning away business without even knowing!
We can help!
At Trivessa, we do websites, graphic design, marketing and more. We can build a brand new website for your business or refresh your existing site. We offer a free, no obligation consultation. Give us a call, send us an email, or schedule a time to chat directly on our calendar.
Data Sources: Web Credibility Research, Stanford; Google Mobile Movement Study
Original Post: Small Business Trends