A marketing plan is essential for growing your business and your sales. Craft a marketing plan to lay out all of the steps needed to be put into action to attract potential customers and persuade them to buy your products. Consider what types of payments you will accept. Accepting payments today is not as simple as cash, check or charge.
What Your Marketing Plan Should Include
The SBA provides great direction on what should be included in a marketing plan. These factors allow you to measure what your business is lacking or what needs to be improved and adjust accordingly.
- Target market. Who is your customer? How old? What lifestage? Where are they located?
- Competitive advantage. What are the advantages that you have against your competitors? And what do they have on you?
- Sales plan. How are you going to go about selling your products or services?
- Marketing and sales goals. What are your marketing and sales goals that you plan to hit and in what timeframe?
- Marketing action plan. What are the steps you will take and tactics you will use? What is your pricing? What are your adverting methods? How will you communicate post-sale?
- Budget. What will you spend? Will you dedicate a percent of sales? Keep track of your spend so you can match spend to sales and determine your ROI.
Making sure to compare marketing costs to the revenue your business is generating by advertising method is a great way to determine which advertising method works and which doesn’t. Comparing those two factors will go a long way in making sure you are making a good return on your marketing investment (ROI).
How You Will be Accepting Payments?
Another consideration is what forms of payment to accept. Choosing a form of payment is going to not only effect the number of potential customers you reel in but also your bottom line. Credit cards come with processing fees, but are secure and credit card users tend to spend more. More consumers are enjoying the ease of paying online and cashless payments so those are increasing in popularity. Checks open up your business to potential check fraud, and cash requires frequent in-person trips to the bank. Always use a business bank account no matter which forms of payment you choose.
Need help with marketing and online payments?
At Trivessa, we can provide you with some of the best tools to help you implement a marketing plan for your business. A mobile responsive website is the first step in that process. Social media ads can be highly effective in creating awareness, driving leads, and generating interest. And once you gather leads and customers, email marketing is effective in closing the sale and re-marketing to them.
We can help you establish a solid marketing plan and provide you with the ability to accept payments directly into your accounting software. We offer a free, no obligation consultation. Give us a call, send us an email, or schedule a time to chat directly on our calendar.